 |
| Universidad Latina, the front of the main building |
 |
| My bed. |
I've realized I've talked so much about the places we've gone, but I haven't talked much about the place I live and the classes I'm taking. The house Molly and I are staying is a very nice house and the design is pretty cool. There's an outside gated door and an actual door, and we often just lock the gate and leave the door open so we can appreciate the beautiful weather. Molly and I have 2 rooms right next to each other and a shared bathroom across the hall. Right out my window is the garage and directly above the garage our brother Billy has his own shaded balcony bedroom. Our mama is right down the hall from us, close to the kitchen, and behind that is the laundry area. Upstairs the other couple staying with us has a nice room with a balcony that allows you to see Heredia all lit up at night.
In school we have the language course (SPAN107 for Molly and I) and a culture course (SPAN206). Every day I wake up at 7:45 and Molly and I eat breakfast (Always the best food here!). We walk 20 minutes to school every day so we're in time for our language class at 9:00. Our spanish class has been a review so far for me, but its been awhile since I've visited some of the topics so I'm a little rusty. We have an hour break for lunch at 11:30, so we eat in the outdoor dining hall and hang out in the grassy field until 12:30 when our culture class starts. SPAN207 is pretty fun. Its our instructor Basia and the 14 girls, so the class can sometimes get off topic :). Then on days we don't have excursions after school, Molly and I walk home to do homework, nap, or explore Heredia Centro. Some nights (usually the nights that we don't have tests the next morning) we'll meet the rest of the group at a bar or restaurant and hang out the rest of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment