Volcano! Today (Sunday) we went to the Irazu volcano, which although was very windy was absolutely beautiful. We were literally above the clouds, which was kind of crazy! I forgot my camera unfortunately, but I did have my iPhone so I do have some pretty awesome pictures.
The drives up the mountains have been pretty dangerous; the roads are skinny, the buses are really large, and the drivers here in Costa Rica are nuts. But I guess that's part of the fun.
Yesterday we went to San Jose to see the national theatre. (For the record I'm annoyed that my auto correct is telling me to spell theatre like "theater.")
It. Was. Gorgeous!
So much art and history, and the theatre itself was beautiful. I asked if they have/had a residential ensemble cast and they said they have a cast that performs there often, but the national theatre often houses a lot of international productions and companies.
There was also a huge open market where we spent a lot of our time. I bought lots of gifts and souvenirs for my family and friends there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment