 |
| The Cathedral |
 |
| Art I will never understand the meaning of. Although the more I look the more I feel I understand. |
 |
| Bird Statue in San Jose (these things are all over San Jose) |
 |
| ALBINO SQUIRREL |
 |
| I was literally a foot away from these beautiful blue birds |
 |
| And almost 5 feet away from this friend |
 |
| Frog. |
 |
| Butterfly. One of literally hundreds in the exhibit. |
 |
| Carrie and I at a waterfall |
 |
| Just a waterfall. So stunning! |
Saturday we went back to San Jose to see the modern art museum and the national museum. The art museum was pretty cool, although I still struggle to find the meaning in most of those paintings. The national museum had a huge butterfly room where we went most of our time. Afterwards everyone went to a restaurant for lunch and Carrie and I went to explore the city of San Jose. We ate some of the best (and biggest) pizza I've ever had and then we went to see a beautiful cathedral only a few blocks down. After a quick stop at POPS ice cream (which has amazing mint chocolate chip ice cream) Carrie and I walked to a huge building to see what it was. We were stopped by a man who told us everything about the building (and his life story which was a little odd). He told us that the building held most of the government people that were responsible for the poverty in Costa Rica.
Sunday was really awesome because of La Paz Waterfall gardens. We got up close and personal with several butterflies, hummingbirds, an albino squirrel, 2 sloths, toucans, monkeys, frogs, snakes, and HUGE waterfalls. The walk to the waterfalls was beautiful and being able to be close to large waterfalls was amazing. The food was great too, and the fact that we could keep coming back to the all you can eat buffet was even better. :) I have so many pictures to add to this blog that I will do later tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment